- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Rockford lawyer to receive award from State Bar
Thomas P. Sandquist, a partner in WilliamsMcCarthy LLP, in the firm’s Rockford office, will receive the Austin Fleming Newsletter Editor Award from the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) at the organization’s 137th Annual Meeting Friday, June 21, at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wis.
Sandquist, a past chairman of the ISBA’s Commercial Banking, Collections & Bankruptcy Section Council, has been editor of its newsletter since 1992. In the spirit of the late Austin Fleming, he has consistently provided section members with substantive and valuable newsletters.
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue