- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rockford lawyer to receive award from State Bar
Thomas P. Sandquist, a partner in WilliamsMcCarthy LLP, in the firm’s Rockford office, will receive the Austin Fleming Newsletter Editor Award from the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) at the organization’s 137th Annual Meeting Friday, June 21, at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wis.
Sandquist, a past chairman of the ISBA’s Commercial Banking, Collections & Bankruptcy Section Council, has been editor of its newsletter since 1992. In the spirit of the late Austin Fleming, he has consistently provided section members with substantive and valuable newsletters.
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue