- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
State of the Art Gallery showcases photography of Yunkin Keophomma
Downtown Rockford’s State of the Art Gallery will host a new show, “Exposure,” featuring the works of local photographer Yunkin Keophomma, starting Friday, June 21.
A Rockford native, Yunkin received his start in photography while working as an editing intern for a company. With the photographer unavailable, Yunkin picked up a camera and started taking photos.
“I use the lens as my paint brush and challenge myself to ignore boundaries, because the world of photography is a world without rules,” Yunkin explains. “The further I push, the more people gravitate toward the images I was producing. For a while, I was tottering between fashion photography and art, but the more I have come into my own style, I have found that I don’t have to delineate between the two.”
The opening will take place from 6 to 10 p.m., and will feature a fashion show starting at 7 p.m. In addition to Yunkin’s works, the show will feature paintings from Billy Haun G. and Michael Idzikowski, wood and stone sculptures by Salem Barker, a glass and pottery installation by Drew Helge, and the new works of artist/gallery owner Roni Golan.
The show will continue through July 20. The gallery will be open Tuesdays-Saturdays from noon until 6 p.m., and by appointment. Additionally, it will remain open for “First Friday” events each month until 8 p.m. Visit www.artbyronitgolan.com.
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue