- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing raises $45,000
Online Staff Report
The 28th annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing, held Wednesday, June 19, raised $45,000. The Jury family presented the check Wednesday evening at the dinner, held at Giovanni’s, to SwedishAmerican Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Richard Walsh.
The outing is held each year by the Jury family in memory of their son, Ryan, who died at the age of 23 months in 1986.
With this year’s donation, the total raised by the outings over the last 28 years is $917,858.
The proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The center, which opened in 2008, is named for Ryan and is on the SwedishAmerican campus.
SwedishAmerican is a not-for-profit, locally governed health care system with headquarters in Rockford. The health system is composed of two hospitals, 30 clinics, a home health care agency, and a foundation. Through an exclusive affiliation with UW Health, SwedishAmerican will soon expand world-class cancer services across northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin when it opens a new cancer center in October 2013.
Posted June 20, 2013