- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Country music featured at Durand Fourth of July Festival
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Two groups playing country-style music will be featured at Durand’s Fourth of July Festival.
Southern Charm, a high-energy country band popular in the stateline area, will perform at the town’s street dance from 8 p.m. to midnight, Wednesday, July 3. Their music features both modern country and all-time favorites. A preview of the group can be heard at its website, www.thesoutherncharmband.com/fr_home.cfm. Food and other refreshments will be available. The dance is open to all ages.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., Thursday, July 4, the featured group is Anticipation, a southern gospel trio from west-central Illinois. The trio of singers mixes old-style gospel with new songs. Their presentation is part of the festival’s Freedom, Faith and Family event following the town’s Famous Outhouse Races and prior to the area’s second-largest fireworks display. A preview of Anticipation’s music can be heard at its website at www.anticipationministries.com/fr_aboutus.cfm.
Posted June 26, 2013