- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Country music featured at Durand Fourth of July Festival
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Two groups playing country-style music will be featured at Durand’s Fourth of July Festival.
Southern Charm, a high-energy country band popular in the stateline area, will perform at the town’s street dance from 8 p.m. to midnight, Wednesday, July 3. Their music features both modern country and all-time favorites. A preview of the group can be heard at its website, www.thesoutherncharmband.com/fr_home.cfm. Food and other refreshments will be available. The dance is open to all ages.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., Thursday, July 4, the featured group is Anticipation, a southern gospel trio from west-central Illinois. The trio of singers mixes old-style gospel with new songs. Their presentation is part of the festival’s Freedom, Faith and Family event following the town’s Famous Outhouse Races and prior to the area’s second-largest fireworks display. A preview of Anticipation’s music can be heard at its website at www.anticipationministries.com/fr_aboutus.cfm.
Posted June 26, 2013