- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
- Leaders back Lincoln historic expansion
Country music featured at Durand Fourth of July Festival
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Two groups playing country-style music will be featured at Durand’s Fourth of July Festival.
Southern Charm, a high-energy country band popular in the stateline area, will perform at the town’s street dance from 8 p.m. to midnight, Wednesday, July 3. Their music features both modern country and all-time favorites. A preview of the group can be heard at its website, www.thesoutherncharmband.com/fr_home.cfm. Food and other refreshments will be available. The dance is open to all ages.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., Thursday, July 4, the featured group is Anticipation, a southern gospel trio from west-central Illinois. The trio of singers mixes old-style gospel with new songs. Their presentation is part of the festival’s Freedom, Faith and Family event following the town’s Famous Outhouse Races and prior to the area’s second-largest fireworks display. A preview of Anticipation’s music can be heard at its website at www.anticipationministries.com/fr_aboutus.cfm.
Posted June 26, 2013