- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Country music featured at Durand Fourth of July Festival
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — Two groups playing country-style music will be featured at Durand’s Fourth of July Festival.
Southern Charm, a high-energy country band popular in the stateline area, will perform at the town’s street dance from 8 p.m. to midnight, Wednesday, July 3. Their music features both modern country and all-time favorites. A preview of the group can be heard at its website, www.thesoutherncharmband.com/fr_home.cfm. Food and other refreshments will be available. The dance is open to all ages.
From 5:30 to 7 p.m., Thursday, July 4, the featured group is Anticipation, a southern gospel trio from west-central Illinois. The trio of singers mixes old-style gospel with new songs. Their presentation is part of the festival’s Freedom, Faith and Family event following the town’s Famous Outhouse Races and prior to the area’s second-largest fireworks display. A preview of Anticipation’s music can be heard at its website at www.anticipationministries.com/fr_aboutus.cfm.
Posted June 26, 2013