- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Educational picture book to debut at Namaste Studios June 29
Online Staff Report
Local publishing company, Jungle Wagon Press, will release its fifth educational picture book Saturday, June 29, at Namaste Studios, 223 E. State St., in downtown Rockford. The event will be an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. The book encourages fitness and coping with stress through yoga practice.
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks’ Tale was written by local author and yoga instructor Tammie Ciciura and illustrated by local artist Angie Scordato. Both women will be on site to demonstrate their talents and autograph books. Tammie will be leading families through the various poses in her book on the half hour. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
Posted June 26, 2013