- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Educational picture book to debut at Namaste Studios June 29
Online Staff Report
Local publishing company, Jungle Wagon Press, will release its fifth educational picture book Saturday, June 29, at Namaste Studios, 223 E. State St., in downtown Rockford. The event will be an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. The book encourages fitness and coping with stress through yoga practice.
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks’ Tale was written by local author and yoga instructor Tammie Ciciura and illustrated by local artist Angie Scordato. Both women will be on site to demonstrate their talents and autograph books. Tammie will be leading families through the various poses in her book on the half hour. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
Posted June 26, 2013