- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Educational picture book to debut at Namaste Studios June 29
Online Staff Report
Local publishing company, Jungle Wagon Press, will release its fifth educational picture book Saturday, June 29, at Namaste Studios, 223 E. State St., in downtown Rockford. The event will be an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. The book encourages fitness and coping with stress through yoga practice.
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks’ Tale was written by local author and yoga instructor Tammie Ciciura and illustrated by local artist Angie Scordato. Both women will be on site to demonstrate their talents and autograph books. Tammie will be leading families through the various poses in her book on the half hour. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
Posted June 26, 2013