- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Educational picture book to debut at Namaste Studios June 29
Online Staff Report
Local publishing company, Jungle Wagon Press, will release its fifth educational picture book Saturday, June 29, at Namaste Studios, 223 E. State St., in downtown Rockford. The event will be an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. The book encourages fitness and coping with stress through yoga practice.
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks’ Tale was written by local author and yoga instructor Tammie Ciciura and illustrated by local artist Angie Scordato. Both women will be on site to demonstrate their talents and autograph books. Tammie will be leading families through the various poses in her book on the half hour. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
Posted June 26, 2013