- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Educational picture book to debut at Namaste Studios June 29
Online Staff Report
Local publishing company, Jungle Wagon Press, will release its fifth educational picture book Saturday, June 29, at Namaste Studios, 223 E. State St., in downtown Rockford. The event will be an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. The book encourages fitness and coping with stress through yoga practice.
Namaste: A Little Yoga Folks’ Tale was written by local author and yoga instructor Tammie Ciciura and illustrated by local artist Angie Scordato. Both women will be on site to demonstrate their talents and autograph books. Tammie will be leading families through the various poses in her book on the half hour. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
Posted June 26, 2013