- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Here Come the Mummies at Davis Park June 29
Here Come the Mummies will kick of the 2013 Weekends in the Park Concert Series at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., June 29.
Tickets are available at the BMO Harris Center Box Office, Coronado Performing Arts Center Box Office, by calling (815) 968-5222, www.ticketmaster.com or any Ticketmaster Outlet. Tickets are $15, plus applicable fees.
The summer concert series will take place the last Saturday of each month (June 29, July 27 and Aug. 31) and will feature a variety of diverse and affordable music entertainment in Davis Park along the Rock River. Details regarding the performers for the July 27 and Aug. 31 dates will be announced shortly.
It took Here Come the Mummies (HCTM) more than 5,000 years to get unearthed and share their spicy horn-laden grooves with their North American brothers and sisters. Here Come the Mummies released their sixth studio album, Cryptic, May 14. Cryptic is chock-full of the danceable, the naughty, the bawdy, the soulful, the sin-ister and the anthemic, in true HCTM fashion.
Audiences will be hard pressed to find a more entertaining and lively concert performance anywhere. And this from a bunch of dusty un-dead guys?
From the June 26-July 2, 2013, issue