- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Here Come the Mummies at Davis Park June 29
Here Come the Mummies will kick of the 2013 Weekends in the Park Concert Series at Davis Park, 320 S. Wyman St., June 29.
Tickets are available at the BMO Harris Center Box Office, Coronado Performing Arts Center Box Office, by calling (815) 968-5222, www.ticketmaster.com or any Ticketmaster Outlet. Tickets are $15, plus applicable fees.
The summer concert series will take place the last Saturday of each month (June 29, July 27 and Aug. 31) and will feature a variety of diverse and affordable music entertainment in Davis Park along the Rock River. Details regarding the performers for the July 27 and Aug. 31 dates will be announced shortly.
It took Here Come the Mummies (HCTM) more than 5,000 years to get unearthed and share their spicy horn-laden grooves with their North American brothers and sisters. Here Come the Mummies released their sixth studio album, Cryptic, May 14. Cryptic is chock-full of the danceable, the naughty, the bawdy, the soulful, the sin-ister and the anthemic, in true HCTM fashion.
Audiences will be hard pressed to find a more entertaining and lively concert performance anywhere. And this from a bunch of dusty un-dead guys?
From the June 26-July 2, 2013, issue