- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Mid-Nighter Flea Market at Boone County Fairgrounds June 29
BELVIDERE, Ill. — “Treasure hunting by the moonlight with flashlights has never been more fun,” said Bob Zurko of Zurko’s Midwest Promotions, who will be promoting the “Mid-Nighter” Flea Market from 4 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, June 29, at Boone County Fairgrounds, 8791 Illinois Route 76 in Belvidere, Ill.
Offered for sale will be thousdands of treasures, bargains, antiques, collectibles and fleas. The market will be held rain or shine with dealers in buildings, stalls, tents and open-air. Ample free parking is available, and admission is $5 for adults, free for ages 16 and younger.
Also featured at the event will be a special appearance by Robert Z’Dar from the Maniac Cop and Tango and Cash movies, and live music.
For more details, call (715) 526-9769 or visit www.zurkopromotions.com.
From the June 26-July 2, 2013, issue