- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Atwood Adult Hiking Club offers free one-hour hikes each month
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District invites beginning and experienced hikers to join the Atwood Adult Hiking Club one Tuesday a month for a one-hour hike that begins promptly at 9 a.m., and takes place in a different location each time.
Enjoy exercise, meeting friends and exploring nature on hikes led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
Participants younger than 18 should be accompanied by an adult; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The next hikes are scheduled for July 9 at Seth B. Atwood Park, Rockford (meet at Atwood Center); Aug. 13 at Kilbuck Bluffs Forest Preserve, Rockford; and Sept. 10 at Anna Page Park, Rockford.
The schedule of hike dates and location addresses is also listed in Rockford Park District’s Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides and at Park District offices and facilities.
Hike locations are subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. Call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted July 3, 2013