- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Kellie Pickler headlines July 10-14 Stephenson County Fair
FREEPORT, Ill. — Country music star Kellie Pickler highlights a packed weekend of events for the July 10-14 Stephenson County Fair.
Following are details of county fair events to be held at Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 2250 S. Walnut Road, Freeport, Ill.:
Tuesday, July 9 — Pearl Valley Farms Youth and Family Night; 6 p.m., free. Youth from all over the county enjoy competing in the events of Youth Night. With the Ag Olympics, pig scramble and chicken scratch, the audience has even more fun watching. Don’t miss this free event on discounted gate admission day.
Wednesday, July 10 — FMX Freestyle Motocross National Championship Series; 7:30 p.m., free. The Stephenson County Fair Association is offering this event free to all fair guests to ease the burden to families.
Thursday-Friday, July 11-12 — Lucas Oil Midwest Summer National Truck and Tractor Pull; noon, $5, and 6 p.m., $10. These national pulls are the best in the region and a highlight of the fair every year.
Saturday, July 13 — Kellie Pickler; 8:30 p.m., Reserved Track Seats are $20, General Grandstand Seats are $12/$10 if purchased in advance. The fair office opens and tickets go on sale at 9 a.m., Monday, June 10.
Sunday, July 14 — Demo Derby; 2 p.m., $10. There is free gate admission this year on Sunday, and the prize money has been increased for the Demo.
Free throughout the week: Livestock shows, Home-Ec and 4-H exhibits, commercial exhibits, Zoli the woodcarver with the woodcarving auction Saturday at 6 p.m., and the High-Flying Pages Trapeze Superstars.
Carnival: The Miller Spectacular Show! The Stephenson County Fair welcomes a brand-new carnival this year: Miller Spectacular Show has been the carnival of choice for the DuQuoin State Fair and now they are coming to Freeport. They will be open from 2 p.m. to close every day. Wristbands are good all day, any day, for the low cost of $25 ($20 in advance).
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue