- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
Kellie Pickler headlines July 10-14 Stephenson County Fair
FREEPORT, Ill. — Country music star Kellie Pickler highlights a packed weekend of events for the July 10-14 Stephenson County Fair.
Following are details of county fair events to be held at Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 2250 S. Walnut Road, Freeport, Ill.:
Tuesday, July 9 — Pearl Valley Farms Youth and Family Night; 6 p.m., free. Youth from all over the county enjoy competing in the events of Youth Night. With the Ag Olympics, pig scramble and chicken scratch, the audience has even more fun watching. Don’t miss this free event on discounted gate admission day.
Wednesday, July 10 — FMX Freestyle Motocross National Championship Series; 7:30 p.m., free. The Stephenson County Fair Association is offering this event free to all fair guests to ease the burden to families.
Thursday-Friday, July 11-12 — Lucas Oil Midwest Summer National Truck and Tractor Pull; noon, $5, and 6 p.m., $10. These national pulls are the best in the region and a highlight of the fair every year.
Saturday, July 13 — Kellie Pickler; 8:30 p.m., Reserved Track Seats are $20, General Grandstand Seats are $12/$10 if purchased in advance. The fair office opens and tickets go on sale at 9 a.m., Monday, June 10.
Sunday, July 14 — Demo Derby; 2 p.m., $10. There is free gate admission this year on Sunday, and the prize money has been increased for the Demo.
Free throughout the week: Livestock shows, Home-Ec and 4-H exhibits, commercial exhibits, Zoli the woodcarver with the woodcarving auction Saturday at 6 p.m., and the High-Flying Pages Trapeze Superstars.
Carnival: The Miller Spectacular Show! The Stephenson County Fair welcomes a brand-new carnival this year: Miller Spectacular Show has been the carnival of choice for the DuQuoin State Fair and now they are coming to Freeport. They will be open from 2 p.m. to close every day. Wristbands are good all day, any day, for the low cost of $25 ($20 in advance).
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue