- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
On the Waterfront favorite The Dunwells at Kryptonite
The Dunwells will play Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford, on their international tour, stopping for their most intimate show at 9 p.m., Friday, July 5.
The Dunwells headlined one of the stages at last year’s (final) On the Waterfront (OTW) Festival. OTW CEO Becky Genoways loved this band, and always made sure they had a place to play in Rockford.
Kryptonite wanted to make sure the U.K. band would still have a venue in Rockford. Their latest hit, “If I Could be King,” is on the top 40 Billboard charts and gaining national spins. USA Today wrote of the band, “British folk-rockers marry CSN&Y harmonies to U2-style guitar riff on title track from debut album.”
Local artists Long-shot, fronted by Brad Long, will open the show.
Tickets to the show are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Visit http://KryptoniteBar.com and on Facebook at KryptoBar, or call (815) 965-0931.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue