- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
On the Waterfront favorite The Dunwells at Kryptonite
The Dunwells will play Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford, on their international tour, stopping for their most intimate show at 9 p.m., Friday, July 5.
The Dunwells headlined one of the stages at last year’s (final) On the Waterfront (OTW) Festival. OTW CEO Becky Genoways loved this band, and always made sure they had a place to play in Rockford.
Kryptonite wanted to make sure the U.K. band would still have a venue in Rockford. Their latest hit, “If I Could be King,” is on the top 40 Billboard charts and gaining national spins. USA Today wrote of the band, “British folk-rockers marry CSN&Y harmonies to U2-style guitar riff on title track from debut album.”
Local artists Long-shot, fronted by Brad Long, will open the show.
Tickets to the show are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Visit http://KryptoniteBar.com and on Facebook at KryptoBar, or call (815) 965-0931.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue