- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
On the Waterfront favorite The Dunwells at Kryptonite
The Dunwells will play Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford, on their international tour, stopping for their most intimate show at 9 p.m., Friday, July 5.
The Dunwells headlined one of the stages at last year’s (final) On the Waterfront (OTW) Festival. OTW CEO Becky Genoways loved this band, and always made sure they had a place to play in Rockford.
Kryptonite wanted to make sure the U.K. band would still have a venue in Rockford. Their latest hit, “If I Could be King,” is on the top 40 Billboard charts and gaining national spins. USA Today wrote of the band, “British folk-rockers marry CSN&Y harmonies to U2-style guitar riff on title track from debut album.”
Local artists Long-shot, fronted by Brad Long, will open the show.
Tickets to the show are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Visit http://KryptoniteBar.com and on Facebook at KryptoBar, or call (815) 965-0931.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue