- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
On the Waterfront favorite The Dunwells at Kryptonite
The Dunwells will play Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford, on their international tour, stopping for their most intimate show at 9 p.m., Friday, July 5.
The Dunwells headlined one of the stages at last year’s (final) On the Waterfront (OTW) Festival. OTW CEO Becky Genoways loved this band, and always made sure they had a place to play in Rockford.
Kryptonite wanted to make sure the U.K. band would still have a venue in Rockford. Their latest hit, “If I Could be King,” is on the top 40 Billboard charts and gaining national spins. USA Today wrote of the band, “British folk-rockers marry CSN&Y harmonies to U2-style guitar riff on title track from debut album.”
Local artists Long-shot, fronted by Brad Long, will open the show.
Tickets to the show are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Visit http://KryptoniteBar.com and on Facebook at KryptoBar, or call (815) 965-0931.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue