- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Photography of Cari Ann Wayman on display at Kryptonite
Online Staff Report
The first local solo showing of Cari Ann Wayman’s photography will be Friday, July 5, upstairs at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
Wayman’s photos have been shown in Italy, Mexico and Canada. She has appeared in magazines and online art and photography websites. Her Flickr account has had more than 3 million hits. There’s even a band from England called Crow’s Parliament that was so inspired by her images, that they even wrote a song about her. It’s called “Yellowbird,” and you can find it on YouTube (the video features her photography).
For more details, contact Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931.
Posted July 3, 2013