- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Photography of Cari Ann Wayman on display at Kryptonite
Online Staff Report
The first local solo showing of Cari Ann Wayman’s photography will be Friday, July 5, upstairs at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
Wayman’s photos have been shown in Italy, Mexico and Canada. She has appeared in magazines and online art and photography websites. Her Flickr account has had more than 3 million hits. There’s even a band from England called Crow’s Parliament that was so inspired by her images, that they even wrote a song about her. It’s called “Yellowbird,” and you can find it on YouTube (the video features her photography).
For more details, contact Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931.
Posted July 3, 2013