- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Photography of Cari Ann Wayman on display at Kryptonite
Online Staff Report
The first local solo showing of Cari Ann Wayman’s photography will be Friday, July 5, upstairs at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
Wayman’s photos have been shown in Italy, Mexico and Canada. She has appeared in magazines and online art and photography websites. Her Flickr account has had more than 3 million hits. There’s even a band from England called Crow’s Parliament that was so inspired by her images, that they even wrote a song about her. It’s called “Yellowbird,” and you can find it on YouTube (the video features her photography).
For more details, contact Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931.
Posted July 3, 2013