- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Photography of Cari Ann Wayman on display at Kryptonite
Online Staff Report
The first local solo showing of Cari Ann Wayman’s photography will be Friday, July 5, upstairs at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
Wayman’s photos have been shown in Italy, Mexico and Canada. She has appeared in magazines and online art and photography websites. Her Flickr account has had more than 3 million hits. There’s even a band from England called Crow’s Parliament that was so inspired by her images, that they even wrote a song about her. It’s called “Yellowbird,” and you can find it on YouTube (the video features her photography).
For more details, contact Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931.
Posted July 3, 2013