- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Rock Valley hosts volleyball camps beginning July 6
Online Staff Report
The Rock Valley College (RVC) volleyball program will host three volleyball camps this summer.
The Elite Setter/Hitter Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 6. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills at the setting and hitting positions. Setters will focus on technique, footwork, and running an offense, while hitters will focus on attacking technique, footwork and developing shots at all positions.
The Elite DS/Libero Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 7. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills related to the defensive specialist. Campers will receive quality technical training in serving, serve receive and defense. Ball control training relative to all positions will also be taught.
The Golden Eagle Kids Camp will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., July 6-7. The camp is open to players in grades 3-8, and the cost is $100. This camp is designed to teach beginning and intermediate fundamental and skill development.
All camps will be in the gym in the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC) on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
To register, go online to abcsportscamps.com/rvcvolleyball. Contact the RVC Volleyball office at (815) 921-3818.
Posted July 3, 2013