- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Rock Valley hosts volleyball camps beginning July 6
Online Staff Report
The Rock Valley College (RVC) volleyball program will host three volleyball camps this summer.
The Elite Setter/Hitter Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 6. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills at the setting and hitting positions. Setters will focus on technique, footwork, and running an offense, while hitters will focus on attacking technique, footwork and developing shots at all positions.
The Elite DS/Libero Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 7. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills related to the defensive specialist. Campers will receive quality technical training in serving, serve receive and defense. Ball control training relative to all positions will also be taught.
The Golden Eagle Kids Camp will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., July 6-7. The camp is open to players in grades 3-8, and the cost is $100. This camp is designed to teach beginning and intermediate fundamental and skill development.
All camps will be in the gym in the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC) on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
To register, go online to abcsportscamps.com/rvcvolleyball. Contact the RVC Volleyball office at (815) 921-3818.
Posted July 3, 2013