- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Rock Valley hosts volleyball camps beginning July 6
Online Staff Report
The Rock Valley College (RVC) volleyball program will host three volleyball camps this summer.
The Elite Setter/Hitter Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 6. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills at the setting and hitting positions. Setters will focus on technique, footwork, and running an offense, while hitters will focus on attacking technique, footwork and developing shots at all positions.
The Elite DS/Libero Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 7. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills related to the defensive specialist. Campers will receive quality technical training in serving, serve receive and defense. Ball control training relative to all positions will also be taught.
The Golden Eagle Kids Camp will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., July 6-7. The camp is open to players in grades 3-8, and the cost is $100. This camp is designed to teach beginning and intermediate fundamental and skill development.
All camps will be in the gym in the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC) on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
To register, go online to abcsportscamps.com/rvcvolleyball. Contact the RVC Volleyball office at (815) 921-3818.
Posted July 3, 2013