- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
Rock Valley hosts volleyball camps beginning July 6
Online Staff Report
The Rock Valley College (RVC) volleyball program will host three volleyball camps this summer.
The Elite Setter/Hitter Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 6. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills at the setting and hitting positions. Setters will focus on technique, footwork, and running an offense, while hitters will focus on attacking technique, footwork and developing shots at all positions.
The Elite DS/Libero Camp will be from 1 to 5 p.m., July 7. The camp is open to players in grades 6-12, and the cost is $75. This camp is designed for the development of skills related to the defensive specialist. Campers will receive quality technical training in serving, serve receive and defense. Ball control training relative to all positions will also be taught.
The Golden Eagle Kids Camp will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., July 6-7. The camp is open to players in grades 3-8, and the cost is $100. This camp is designed to teach beginning and intermediate fundamental and skill development.
All camps will be in the gym in the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC) on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
To register, go online to abcsportscamps.com/rvcvolleyball. Contact the RVC Volleyball office at (815) 921-3818.
Posted July 3, 2013