- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
RVC student-athletes awarded for academic success
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) headquarters has released the names of the 2012-2013 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award winners as well as the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams.
Michael Landerholm (Rock Valley College golf) has earned the Pinnacle Award for Academic Excellence (4.0 GPA).
Additionally, the Rock Valley College women’s tennis (3.07 team GPA) and Rock Valley College softball (3.23 team GPA) teams were recognized for achieving academic excellence as part of the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams. The minimum grade-point average requirement for consideration is a team GPA of 3.00.
Both teams were also successful on the court and playing field this year. The women’s tennis team finished fifth at the national tournament, while the softball team finished sixth at the national tournament. The 2012-2013 season marks the 30th year the NJCAA has recognized the success of its student-athletes in the classroom.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue