- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
RVC student-athletes awarded for academic success
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) headquarters has released the names of the 2012-2013 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award winners as well as the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams.
Michael Landerholm (Rock Valley College golf) has earned the Pinnacle Award for Academic Excellence (4.0 GPA).
Additionally, the Rock Valley College women’s tennis (3.07 team GPA) and Rock Valley College softball (3.23 team GPA) teams were recognized for achieving academic excellence as part of the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams. The minimum grade-point average requirement for consideration is a team GPA of 3.00.
Both teams were also successful on the court and playing field this year. The women’s tennis team finished fifth at the national tournament, while the softball team finished sixth at the national tournament. The 2012-2013 season marks the 30th year the NJCAA has recognized the success of its student-athletes in the classroom.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue