- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
RVC student-athletes awarded for academic success
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) headquarters has released the names of the 2012-2013 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award winners as well as the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams.
Michael Landerholm (Rock Valley College golf) has earned the Pinnacle Award for Academic Excellence (4.0 GPA).
Additionally, the Rock Valley College women’s tennis (3.07 team GPA) and Rock Valley College softball (3.23 team GPA) teams were recognized for achieving academic excellence as part of the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams. The minimum grade-point average requirement for consideration is a team GPA of 3.00.
Both teams were also successful on the court and playing field this year. The women’s tennis team finished fifth at the national tournament, while the softball team finished sixth at the national tournament. The 2012-2013 season marks the 30th year the NJCAA has recognized the success of its student-athletes in the classroom.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue