- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
RVC student-athletes awarded for academic success
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) headquarters has released the names of the 2012-2013 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award winners as well as the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams.
Michael Landerholm (Rock Valley College golf) has earned the Pinnacle Award for Academic Excellence (4.0 GPA).
Additionally, the Rock Valley College women’s tennis (3.07 team GPA) and Rock Valley College softball (3.23 team GPA) teams were recognized for achieving academic excellence as part of the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams. The minimum grade-point average requirement for consideration is a team GPA of 3.00.
Both teams were also successful on the court and playing field this year. The women’s tennis team finished fifth at the national tournament, while the softball team finished sixth at the national tournament. The 2012-2013 season marks the 30th year the NJCAA has recognized the success of its student-athletes in the classroom.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue