- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
RVC student-athletes awarded for academic success
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) headquarters has released the names of the 2012-2013 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award winners as well as the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams.
Michael Landerholm (Rock Valley College golf) has earned the Pinnacle Award for Academic Excellence (4.0 GPA).
Additionally, the Rock Valley College women’s tennis (3.07 team GPA) and Rock Valley College softball (3.23 team GPA) teams were recognized for achieving academic excellence as part of the 2012-2013 NJCAA All-Academic Teams. The minimum grade-point average requirement for consideration is a team GPA of 3.00.
Both teams were also successful on the court and playing field this year. The women’s tennis team finished fifth at the national tournament, while the softball team finished sixth at the national tournament. The 2012-2013 season marks the 30th year the NJCAA has recognized the success of its student-athletes in the classroom.
From the July 3-9, 2013, issue