- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Wade Lammon in concert at Restoration Café July 5
Online Staff Report
Wade Lammon has been playing music for most of his life, beginning at an early age. After many years of playing in bands in secular music, Lammon retired from music to spend more time with his kids.
Shortly after leaving the music scene, Lammon’s 10-year-old son Jason asked him to teach him to play the drums. It wasn’t long before the student had surpassed the teacher and Jason grew into a very talented young drummer with a bright future in music ahead of him.
Then, tragedy struck in 2008. Wade, a single father of three, had suffered the tragic loss of his 16-year-old son Jason. With help from God, and the love and support of his family, friends and his two remaining children, Nate and Brianna, Wade made the journey back to his Christian faith, and in the spirit of remembering Jason, he put music back into his life.
Wade Lammon writes songs that reflect his feelings and life struggles. He hopes to connect with other Christians as well as non-believers and help them come to know, understand and accept God’s love, peace and grace. Wade prays his music will reach out and touch the hearts of others. He is serving in the praise and worship team at his church in Rockford.
Lammon will be in concert from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, July 5, at Restoration Café , 625 W. State St., Rockford.
Posted July 3, 2013