- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Autism Awareness Event July 13 at Lou Bachrodt
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 13, Lou Bachrodt Auto Mall, First Northern Credit Union, The Autism Program Service Center (TAP), 95.3 BOB-FM and various local organizations are teaming up to offer the Fifth Annual Autism Awareness Event. This event is at Lou Bachrodt Auto Mall on CherryVale Boulevard.
Some facts about autism:
• Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys;
• Autism prevalence figures are growing;
• More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined; and
• Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
The event is designed to provide awareness about the many resources in the Rockford area for children as well as adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Parents can learn the signs of autism and find out their options after the diagnosis.
Attractions for kids will include dancing and yoga workshops, face-painting and more. At 11 a.m., there will be a special teen guest speaker, Hanah. She will share her message of finding the piece to her puzzle. Her personal story will bring awareness and give hope to individuals diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Visit www.bachrodt.com for more about the July 13 event.
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue