- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Bonzi Productions presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ in July
Online Staff Report
Bonzi Productions will present its 2013 summer musical The Drowsy Chaperone over two weekends in July at Lutheran High School Performing Arts Center, 3411 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The unconventional musical, directed by Michele M. Bonzi, focuses on a middle-aged theater fan who talks with the audience while he plays the record of a fictional 1928 hit “The Drowsy Chaperone.” He comments on the music, story and actors as the show comes to life in his apartment.
The show will feature local theater veterans Jim Crow, Lori Beach-Yates and Todd Bonzi.
Performances will be July 12-14 and July 19-21. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Fridays; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays; and 2 p.m., Sundays. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and children 12 and younger.
For information, or to reserve seats, call (815) 877-9551, ext. 140.
Posted July 10, 2013