- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Bonzi Productions presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ in July
Online Staff Report
Bonzi Productions will present its 2013 summer musical The Drowsy Chaperone over two weekends in July at Lutheran High School Performing Arts Center, 3411 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The unconventional musical, directed by Michele M. Bonzi, focuses on a middle-aged theater fan who talks with the audience while he plays the record of a fictional 1928 hit “The Drowsy Chaperone.” He comments on the music, story and actors as the show comes to life in his apartment.
The show will feature local theater veterans Jim Crow, Lori Beach-Yates and Todd Bonzi.
Performances will be July 12-14 and July 19-21. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Fridays; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays; and 2 p.m., Sundays. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and children 12 and younger.
For information, or to reserve seats, call (815) 877-9551, ext. 140.
Posted July 10, 2013