- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Bonzi Productions presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ in July
Online Staff Report
Bonzi Productions will present its 2013 summer musical The Drowsy Chaperone over two weekends in July at Lutheran High School Performing Arts Center, 3411 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The unconventional musical, directed by Michele M. Bonzi, focuses on a middle-aged theater fan who talks with the audience while he plays the record of a fictional 1928 hit “The Drowsy Chaperone.” He comments on the music, story and actors as the show comes to life in his apartment.
The show will feature local theater veterans Jim Crow, Lori Beach-Yates and Todd Bonzi.
Performances will be July 12-14 and July 19-21. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Fridays; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays; and 2 p.m., Sundays. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and children 12 and younger.
For information, or to reserve seats, call (815) 877-9551, ext. 140.
Posted July 10, 2013