- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
Bonzi Productions presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ in July
Online Staff Report
Bonzi Productions will present its 2013 summer musical The Drowsy Chaperone over two weekends in July at Lutheran High School Performing Arts Center, 3411 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The unconventional musical, directed by Michele M. Bonzi, focuses on a middle-aged theater fan who talks with the audience while he plays the record of a fictional 1928 hit “The Drowsy Chaperone.” He comments on the music, story and actors as the show comes to life in his apartment.
The show will feature local theater veterans Jim Crow, Lori Beach-Yates and Todd Bonzi.
Performances will be July 12-14 and July 19-21. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Fridays; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays; and 2 p.m., Sundays. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and children 12 and younger.
For information, or to reserve seats, call (815) 877-9551, ext. 140.
Posted July 10, 2013