- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Bonzi Productions presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ in July
Online Staff Report
Bonzi Productions will present its 2013 summer musical The Drowsy Chaperone over two weekends in July at Lutheran High School Performing Arts Center, 3411 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The unconventional musical, directed by Michele M. Bonzi, focuses on a middle-aged theater fan who talks with the audience while he plays the record of a fictional 1928 hit “The Drowsy Chaperone.” He comments on the music, story and actors as the show comes to life in his apartment.
The show will feature local theater veterans Jim Crow, Lori Beach-Yates and Todd Bonzi.
Performances will be July 12-14 and July 19-21. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Fridays; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturdays; and 2 p.m., Sundays. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and children 12 and younger.
For information, or to reserve seats, call (815) 877-9551, ext. 140.
Posted July 10, 2013