- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Funeral home a Veterans Cremation Society provider
Kristan McNames, co-owner of Grace Funeral & Cremation Services, 1340 S. Alpine Road, Rockford, has announced the funeral home has been selected to be the area’s exclusive benefit provider for the Veterans Cremation Society (VCS).
Effective immediately, Grace Funeral & Cremation Services has joined more than 1,000 licensed funeral homes across 48 states that are helping millions of veterans and their families take control of their final arrangements while providing comprehensive savings, benefits and planning services.
The VCS selects funeral homes to become Official VCS Benefit Providers based on their history of uncompromised professional service as well as their value pricing and community involvement in support of veterans and active duty military.
One of the many benefits of VCS membership is a free wood-and-glass flag case for veterans who have honorably served in the U.S. military as well as those who are currently serving. In addition to receiving a guaranteed savings off all cremation and remembrance merchandise, membership in the VCS ensures final arrangements are carried out according to your wishes.
VCS membership is open to veterans, their spouses, their parents and their adult children. Membership if free. To join VCS, visit www.VeteransCremationSociety.com. Contact Grace Funeral & Cremation Services at (815) 395-0559.
Posted July 10, 2013