- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition presents ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’
Online Staff Report
Merry Men, adventure, and heart; it’s all in the Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition production of The Adventures of Robin Hood by Michele L. Vacca.
A change from the usual, this production, directed by Peter Woodruff, is a play for and with the youth of the community.
Woodruff’s experience as director, as well as on stage, makes him a great choice to “lead” Robin Hood and his Merry Men in their daring, dashing deeds.
Show times are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, July 11 and 12, in Stockton on the Plum River Players stage at Christ Lutheran Church. The Back Street Players will put on their show in Hanover at the Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 13, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 14. And finally, The Mighty Richland Players in Orangeville will host their usual dessert show at 203 High St., 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 21.
For ticket information at Mighty Richland Theater, call The Monroe Arts Center at (608) 325-5700. Tickets for Back Street Players can be purchased by calling (815) 244-1014. Plum River Playhouse tickets are on sale at Stockton Banking Center in Stockton by calling (815) 947-2000.
Posted July 10, 2013