- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition presents ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’
Online Staff Report
Merry Men, adventure, and heart; it’s all in the Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition production of The Adventures of Robin Hood by Michele L. Vacca.
A change from the usual, this production, directed by Peter Woodruff, is a play for and with the youth of the community.
Woodruff’s experience as director, as well as on stage, makes him a great choice to “lead” Robin Hood and his Merry Men in their daring, dashing deeds.
Show times are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, July 11 and 12, in Stockton on the Plum River Players stage at Christ Lutheran Church. The Back Street Players will put on their show in Hanover at the Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 13, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 14. And finally, The Mighty Richland Players in Orangeville will host their usual dessert show at 203 High St., 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 21.
For ticket information at Mighty Richland Theater, call The Monroe Arts Center at (608) 325-5700. Tickets for Back Street Players can be purchased by calling (815) 244-1014. Plum River Playhouse tickets are on sale at Stockton Banking Center in Stockton by calling (815) 947-2000.
Posted July 10, 2013