- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Praise for Mayor Morrissey for leaving anti-gun group
I want to take this opportunity and thank Rockford Mayor Larry Morrissey (I) for not just attending the Rockford Tea Party’s concealed carry town hall meeting in Loves Park June 22, but for publicly stating he has left New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
While it may have taken Mayor Morrissey some time to realize that Bloomberg’s group was more interested in denying the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens than it was in taking weapons away from criminals and gangs, it is a good thing he has rebuked Bloomberg and his anti-gun group.
I hope that in time other Illinois politicians, namely Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D), will come to the same realization as Mayor Morrissey has and embrace not only the Second Amendment, but concealed carry as well.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue