- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Rockford Health System gives minority scholarships
Rockford Health System (RHS), along with Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, announced the recipients of the 2013 Minority Scholarship Awards. Six minority nursing students received $2,000 each toward their 2013-2014 educational expenses. RHS awarded four scholarships to the following African-American nursing students:
• Laquisha Thompson, of Rockford, is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Saint Anthony College of Nursing. Thompson has been an RHS employee since 2011.
• Briana Watkins, of Rockford, is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Rockford College.
• Amber Coffey, of Rockford, is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Rockford College. Coffey is a previous 2010 scholarship recipient.
• Erica White, of Rockford, is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Olivette Nasareen. White has been an RHS employee since 2010 and a previous 2011 and 2012 scholarship recipient.
Rockford Memorial Auxiliary awarded two scholarships to the following Spanish-speaking Hispanic students:
• Evelia Flores, of Rockford, is pursuing an associate’s degree in nursing from Rock Valley College.
• Enedelia Manriquez Mandujano, of Rockford, is pursuing an associate’s degree in nursing from Rock Valley College. Mandujano has been an RHS employee since 2012 and a previous 2012 scholarship recipient.
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue