- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Support for Sports Hall of Fame
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the June 19-25 editorial “Rockford needs its own Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.”
I definitely believe that a Hall of Fame Sports Museum is a must for our city! We have many educational, cultural and recreactional venues, but one part of the puzzle is missing … the Sports Museum of well-known men and women in this field!
Let’s spread the word and add other names to the great and important list mentioned in your column last week.
I’d like to consider the following names of Rockford-born athletes: Ben Abruzzo, Sammy Mandell, Louie Marinelli, Vito Santini and Frank “Chico” DeCastris!
Thanks for listening and spreading the word!
Shirley Martignoni Fedeli
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue