- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Support for Sports Hall of Fame
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the June 19-25 editorial “Rockford needs its own Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.”
I definitely believe that a Hall of Fame Sports Museum is a must for our city! We have many educational, cultural and recreactional venues, but one part of the puzzle is missing … the Sports Museum of well-known men and women in this field!
Let’s spread the word and add other names to the great and important list mentioned in your column last week.
I’d like to consider the following names of Rockford-born athletes: Ben Abruzzo, Sammy Mandell, Louie Marinelli, Vito Santini and Frank “Chico” DeCastris!
Thanks for listening and spreading the word!
Shirley Martignoni Fedeli
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue