- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Support for Sports Hall of Fame
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the June 19-25 editorial “Rockford needs its own Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.”
I definitely believe that a Hall of Fame Sports Museum is a must for our city! We have many educational, cultural and recreactional venues, but one part of the puzzle is missing … the Sports Museum of well-known men and women in this field!
Let’s spread the word and add other names to the great and important list mentioned in your column last week.
I’d like to consider the following names of Rockford-born athletes: Ben Abruzzo, Sammy Mandell, Louie Marinelli, Vito Santini and Frank “Chico” DeCastris!
Thanks for listening and spreading the word!
Shirley Martignoni Fedeli
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue