- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Support for Sports Hall of Fame
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the June 19-25 editorial “Rockford needs its own Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.”
I definitely believe that a Hall of Fame Sports Museum is a must for our city! We have many educational, cultural and recreactional venues, but one part of the puzzle is missing … the Sports Museum of well-known men and women in this field!
Let’s spread the word and add other names to the great and important list mentioned in your column last week.
I’d like to consider the following names of Rockford-born athletes: Ben Abruzzo, Sammy Mandell, Louie Marinelli, Vito Santini and Frank “Chico” DeCastris!
Thanks for listening and spreading the word!
Shirley Martignoni Fedeli
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue