- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Support for Sports Hall of Fame
Editor’s note: The following is in response to the June 19-25 editorial “Rockford needs its own Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.”
I definitely believe that a Hall of Fame Sports Museum is a must for our city! We have many educational, cultural and recreactional venues, but one part of the puzzle is missing … the Sports Museum of well-known men and women in this field!
Let’s spread the word and add other names to the great and important list mentioned in your column last week.
I’d like to consider the following names of Rockford-born athletes: Ben Abruzzo, Sammy Mandell, Louie Marinelli, Vito Santini and Frank “Chico” DeCastris!
Thanks for listening and spreading the word!
Shirley Martignoni Fedeli
From the July 10-16, 2013, issue