- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
SwedishAmerican Center For Women offers same-day screening digital mammograms
Online Staff Report
To meet the needs of busy women, same-day screening digital mammograms are available every Tuesday and Thursday in July at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women. No appointment is needed; women can simply walk in at their convenience between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. A physician referral is not needed for a screening mammogram, and most insurance is accepted, including Medicare.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), getting a mammogram every year is important in finding breast cancer early. The ACS recommends women age 40 and older get one every year, along with a breast exam by their doctor or nurse.
The SwedishAmerican Center For Women is on the second floor of the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St. For more information, call (815) 391-7676.
Posted July 10, 2013