- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
SwedishAmerican Center For Women offers same-day screening digital mammograms
Online Staff Report
To meet the needs of busy women, same-day screening digital mammograms are available every Tuesday and Thursday in July at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women. No appointment is needed; women can simply walk in at their convenience between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. A physician referral is not needed for a screening mammogram, and most insurance is accepted, including Medicare.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), getting a mammogram every year is important in finding breast cancer early. The ACS recommends women age 40 and older get one every year, along with a breast exam by their doctor or nurse.
The SwedishAmerican Center For Women is on the second floor of the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St. For more information, call (815) 391-7676.
Posted July 10, 2013