- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
SwedishAmerican Center For Women offers same-day screening digital mammograms
Online Staff Report
To meet the needs of busy women, same-day screening digital mammograms are available every Tuesday and Thursday in July at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women. No appointment is needed; women can simply walk in at their convenience between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. A physician referral is not needed for a screening mammogram, and most insurance is accepted, including Medicare.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), getting a mammogram every year is important in finding breast cancer early. The ACS recommends women age 40 and older get one every year, along with a breast exam by their doctor or nurse.
The SwedishAmerican Center For Women is on the second floor of the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St. For more information, call (815) 391-7676.
Posted July 10, 2013