- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
SwedishAmerican Center For Women offers same-day screening digital mammograms
Online Staff Report
To meet the needs of busy women, same-day screening digital mammograms are available every Tuesday and Thursday in July at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women. No appointment is needed; women can simply walk in at their convenience between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. A physician referral is not needed for a screening mammogram, and most insurance is accepted, including Medicare.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), getting a mammogram every year is important in finding breast cancer early. The ACS recommends women age 40 and older get one every year, along with a breast exam by their doctor or nurse.
The SwedishAmerican Center For Women is on the second floor of the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St. For more information, call (815) 391-7676.
Posted July 10, 2013