- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
SwedishAmerican Center For Women offers same-day screening digital mammograms
Online Staff Report
To meet the needs of busy women, same-day screening digital mammograms are available every Tuesday and Thursday in July at the SwedishAmerican Center For Women. No appointment is needed; women can simply walk in at their convenience between 3:15 and 4:30 p.m. A physician referral is not needed for a screening mammogram, and most insurance is accepted, including Medicare.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), getting a mammogram every year is important in finding breast cancer early. The ACS recommends women age 40 and older get one every year, along with a breast exam by their doctor or nurse.
The SwedishAmerican Center For Women is on the second floor of the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St. For more information, call (815) 391-7676.
Posted July 10, 2013