- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Timber Lake offers theater workshops for teens and youth
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) will host its annual week-long theater immersion workshops for teens July 15-19 in Mount Carroll, Ill. A one-day workshop for children ages 8-12 will be offered Saturday July 13.
Each year, 20 teens experience intensives in acting, dance, creative writing, theatrical design and improvisation. The program is taught by TLP company members who are also dance and theater teachers. The week culminates with an original performance incorporating all of the elements covered in the workshops.
This year’s teachers include Cameron Turner, an award-winning dance teacher in the Chicagoland area, and Joseph Capstick, who teaches both acting and dance. TLP Executive Director James Beaudry, who has taught in both New York and Chicago, oversees the program.
Classes are 10 a.m.-4 p.m., daily. The all-inclusive price is $125 for the week. This includes a prepared lunch every day. Teens are given the chance to work with the resident company and experience “behind the scenes” of a working professional theater. Additional classes are held across the street at Timber Lake Resort. Each student will receive a complimentary ticket to Monty Python’s Spamalot, which runs Aug, 1-11.
The one-day workshop for kids is $25. That program runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and includes a ticket to TLP’s 2 p.m. production of Seussical, a musical based on the books of Dr. Seuss.
To sign up for the either the week-long (July 15-19) or one-day (July 13) workshop, call (815) 244-2035 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road, in rural Mount Carroll, Ill. Additional tickets to Seussical may be purchased at $6. Additional tickets for Monty Python’s Spamalot are $15-$23. For more information, visit www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
Posted July 10, 2013