- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Timber Lake offers theater workshops for teens and youth
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) will host its annual week-long theater immersion workshops for teens July 15-19 in Mount Carroll, Ill. A one-day workshop for children ages 8-12 will be offered Saturday July 13.
Each year, 20 teens experience intensives in acting, dance, creative writing, theatrical design and improvisation. The program is taught by TLP company members who are also dance and theater teachers. The week culminates with an original performance incorporating all of the elements covered in the workshops.
This year’s teachers include Cameron Turner, an award-winning dance teacher in the Chicagoland area, and Joseph Capstick, who teaches both acting and dance. TLP Executive Director James Beaudry, who has taught in both New York and Chicago, oversees the program.
Classes are 10 a.m.-4 p.m., daily. The all-inclusive price is $125 for the week. This includes a prepared lunch every day. Teens are given the chance to work with the resident company and experience “behind the scenes” of a working professional theater. Additional classes are held across the street at Timber Lake Resort. Each student will receive a complimentary ticket to Monty Python’s Spamalot, which runs Aug, 1-11.
The one-day workshop for kids is $25. That program runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and includes a ticket to TLP’s 2 p.m. production of Seussical, a musical based on the books of Dr. Seuss.
To sign up for the either the week-long (July 15-19) or one-day (July 13) workshop, call (815) 244-2035 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road, in rural Mount Carroll, Ill. Additional tickets to Seussical may be purchased at $6. Additional tickets for Monty Python’s Spamalot are $15-$23. For more information, visit www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
Posted July 10, 2013