- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Wired Café celebrates three years July 12
Online Staff Report
Wired Café, 414 E. State St., downtown Rockford, will celebrate its three-year anniversary July 12 with a “Party in the Alley.”
The party will run from 5 to 10 p.m., with music by Paper Airplanes, Holsinger, Jesse Fox, Ron E. Rawhoof, Mossy Vaughn and Derek Luttrell. Cash bar will be provided by Kryptonite, with outside furniture provided by Salvage by Sonya. Kitchen will remain open until 8 p.m.
July 12, 2010, mother/daughters trio Crystal, Shanna and Maggie took a chance on downtown Rockford, and three years later, they are proud to say Wired’s business is doing well because of the people who support downtown Rockford.
Wired Café has created many partnerships and friendships, has grown a loyal customer base, and has become a presence in the restaurant, art and music life that makes downtown Rockford such an exciting place to be.
“These last three years have been such great years,” the three said in a statement. “The support and friendships we have received from the downtown community continues to amaze us, and we all look forward to the coming years.”
Wired Café can be reach at (815) 316-2524 or online at http://wiredcaferockford.tumblr.com/.
Posted July 10, 2013