- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Wired Café celebrates three years July 12
Online Staff Report
Wired Café, 414 E. State St., downtown Rockford, will celebrate its three-year anniversary July 12 with a “Party in the Alley.”
The party will run from 5 to 10 p.m., with music by Paper Airplanes, Holsinger, Jesse Fox, Ron E. Rawhoof, Mossy Vaughn and Derek Luttrell. Cash bar will be provided by Kryptonite, with outside furniture provided by Salvage by Sonya. Kitchen will remain open until 8 p.m.
July 12, 2010, mother/daughters trio Crystal, Shanna and Maggie took a chance on downtown Rockford, and three years later, they are proud to say Wired’s business is doing well because of the people who support downtown Rockford.
Wired Café has created many partnerships and friendships, has grown a loyal customer base, and has become a presence in the restaurant, art and music life that makes downtown Rockford such an exciting place to be.
“These last three years have been such great years,” the three said in a statement. “The support and friendships we have received from the downtown community continues to amaze us, and we all look forward to the coming years.”
Wired Café can be reach at (815) 316-2524 or online at http://wiredcaferockford.tumblr.com/.
Posted July 10, 2013