- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Youth production of ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’ in Stockton, Hanover and Orangeville
Online Staff Report
Plum River Playhouse brings Michelle L. Vacca’s comical adaptation of The Adventures of Robin Hood to Stockton, Hanover, and Orangeville theaters.
Familiar characters such as Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet, Maid Marion, the vile Sir Guy of Gisborn, and of course, the dashing and heroic Robin Hood are all played by local youth.
The cast consists of young people ages 12 to 16 from Warren, Stockton and Elizabeth. The young cast brings an added element of energy and excitement to the stage. After one month of rehearsals, cast members are already developing strong, comical characters. Director Peter Woodruff adds some interpretive surprises of his own.
Show times are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, July 11 and12, in Stockton on the Plum River Players stage at Christ Lutheran Church. The Back Street Players will put on their show in Hanover at the Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 13, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 14. And finally, The Mighty Richland Players in Orangeville will host their usual dessert show at 203 High St., 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 21.
For ticket information at Mighty Richland Theater, call The Monroe Arts Center at (608) 325-5700. Tickets for Back Street Players can be purchased by calling (815) 244-1014. Plum River Playhouse tickets are on sale at Stockton Banking Center in Stockton by calling (815) 947-2000.
Posted July 10, 2013