- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Youth production of ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’ in Stockton, Hanover and Orangeville
Online Staff Report
Plum River Playhouse brings Michelle L. Vacca’s comical adaptation of The Adventures of Robin Hood to Stockton, Hanover, and Orangeville theaters.
Familiar characters such as Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet, Maid Marion, the vile Sir Guy of Gisborn, and of course, the dashing and heroic Robin Hood are all played by local youth.
The cast consists of young people ages 12 to 16 from Warren, Stockton and Elizabeth. The young cast brings an added element of energy and excitement to the stage. After one month of rehearsals, cast members are already developing strong, comical characters. Director Peter Woodruff adds some interpretive surprises of his own.
Show times are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, July 11 and12, in Stockton on the Plum River Players stage at Christ Lutheran Church. The Back Street Players will put on their show in Hanover at the Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 13, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 14. And finally, The Mighty Richland Players in Orangeville will host their usual dessert show at 203 High St., 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 21.
For ticket information at Mighty Richland Theater, call The Monroe Arts Center at (608) 325-5700. Tickets for Back Street Players can be purchased by calling (815) 244-1014. Plum River Playhouse tickets are on sale at Stockton Banking Center in Stockton by calling (815) 947-2000.
Posted July 10, 2013