- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Youth production of ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’ in Stockton, Hanover and Orangeville
Online Staff Report
Plum River Playhouse brings Michelle L. Vacca’s comical adaptation of The Adventures of Robin Hood to Stockton, Hanover, and Orangeville theaters.
Familiar characters such as Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet, Maid Marion, the vile Sir Guy of Gisborn, and of course, the dashing and heroic Robin Hood are all played by local youth.
The cast consists of young people ages 12 to 16 from Warren, Stockton and Elizabeth. The young cast brings an added element of energy and excitement to the stage. After one month of rehearsals, cast members are already developing strong, comical characters. Director Peter Woodruff adds some interpretive surprises of his own.
Show times are at 7:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, July 11 and12, in Stockton on the Plum River Players stage at Christ Lutheran Church. The Back Street Players will put on their show in Hanover at the Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 13, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 14. And finally, The Mighty Richland Players in Orangeville will host their usual dessert show at 203 High St., 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20, and at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 21.
For ticket information at Mighty Richland Theater, call The Monroe Arts Center at (608) 325-5700. Tickets for Back Street Players can be purchased by calling (815) 244-1014. Plum River Playhouse tickets are on sale at Stockton Banking Center in Stockton by calling (815) 947-2000.
Posted July 10, 2013