- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days at three locations July 19-20
The Alpine Kiwanis Club of Rockford will present its annual Brat Days from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday, July 19, and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 20.
The event will be at the following three locations:
• Edgebrook Center, 1639 N. Alpine Road, Rockford;
• Schnucks, 6410 E. State St., Rockford; and
• Schnucks, 1810 Harlem Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Each site will feature live entertainment. Drive-through service is available at both Schnucks locations.
Ticket prices are $5 in advance and $6 on-site (day of) and include choice of Johnsonville Brat, quarter-pound all-beef Johnsonville hot dog or meatless barbecue, chips and beverage of choice. Note: Vegetarian brats will only be available at the Schnucks on Harlem Road in Loves Park.
Tickets can be purchased at the Customer Service Counter at both Schnucks locations, all Alpine Bank locations and MembersAlliance Credit Union locations at South Alpine Road and Olde Creek Road.
Join Alpine Kiwanis and 23-WIFR for “Take Your Brat to Work Day” at the Schnucks at North Alpine and Harlem Road location between 6 and 9 a.m., Friday, July 19 (drive-through only). Breakfast brats are $2.50 each.
All profit from Brat Days is given directly to local nonprofits, for area youth scholarships and to national disasters. The Alpine Kiwanis Club has given more than $1 million to help those in need both locally and internationally.
For entertainment schedule, go to www.alpinekiwanis-il.org. To place large orders (50 or more), call (815) 979-5249.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue