- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Charge for inner tubes on Kish absurd
It should be a sad day in Winnebago County or the state of Illinois. I spent Sunday, July 14, doing what I love, riding my horse. My wife did what she loves, sitting in an inner tube, floating down the Kish. And when she got out, she was informed you have to pay money to register your inner tube now! Really?
We have had how many drive-by shootings in the last month or two, and we are paying deputies to harass people sitting in inner tubes floating down a creek? What am I missing here?
Dick Meyers, Winnebago County sheriff, is doing one hell of a job! Good use of manpower! He is very educated! Don’t worry about murders, let’s go after people having fun and NOT HURTING ANYONE!
Mark Tyrone Gray
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue