- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Charge for inner tubes on Kish absurd
It should be a sad day in Winnebago County or the state of Illinois. I spent Sunday, July 14, doing what I love, riding my horse. My wife did what she loves, sitting in an inner tube, floating down the Kish. And when she got out, she was informed you have to pay money to register your inner tube now! Really?
We have had how many drive-by shootings in the last month or two, and we are paying deputies to harass people sitting in inner tubes floating down a creek? What am I missing here?
Dick Meyers, Winnebago County sheriff, is doing one hell of a job! Good use of manpower! He is very educated! Don’t worry about murders, let’s go after people having fun and NOT HURTING ANYONE!
Mark Tyrone Gray
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue