- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Charge for inner tubes on Kish absurd
It should be a sad day in Winnebago County or the state of Illinois. I spent Sunday, July 14, doing what I love, riding my horse. My wife did what she loves, sitting in an inner tube, floating down the Kish. And when she got out, she was informed you have to pay money to register your inner tube now! Really?
We have had how many drive-by shootings in the last month or two, and we are paying deputies to harass people sitting in inner tubes floating down a creek? What am I missing here?
Dick Meyers, Winnebago County sheriff, is doing one hell of a job! Good use of manpower! He is very educated! Don’t worry about murders, let’s go after people having fun and NOT HURTING ANYONE!
Mark Tyrone Gray
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue