- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Charge for inner tubes on Kish absurd
It should be a sad day in Winnebago County or the state of Illinois. I spent Sunday, July 14, doing what I love, riding my horse. My wife did what she loves, sitting in an inner tube, floating down the Kish. And when she got out, she was informed you have to pay money to register your inner tube now! Really?
We have had how many drive-by shootings in the last month or two, and we are paying deputies to harass people sitting in inner tubes floating down a creek? What am I missing here?
Dick Meyers, Winnebago County sheriff, is doing one hell of a job! Good use of manpower! He is very educated! Don’t worry about murders, let’s go after people having fun and NOT HURTING ANYONE!
Mark Tyrone Gray
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue