- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Charge for inner tubes on Kish absurd
It should be a sad day in Winnebago County or the state of Illinois. I spent Sunday, July 14, doing what I love, riding my horse. My wife did what she loves, sitting in an inner tube, floating down the Kish. And when she got out, she was informed you have to pay money to register your inner tube now! Really?
We have had how many drive-by shootings in the last month or two, and we are paying deputies to harass people sitting in inner tubes floating down a creek? What am I missing here?
Dick Meyers, Winnebago County sheriff, is doing one hell of a job! Good use of manpower! He is very educated! Don’t worry about murders, let’s go after people having fun and NOT HURTING ANYONE!
Mark Tyrone Gray
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue