- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Juggler to perform, lead workshops at Discovery Center Museum
Online Staff Report
Watch mesmerizing juggler Jason Kollum perform at Discovery Center’s Family Friday event Friday, July 19, with 40-minute shows at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Take a lesson from this master performer in a workshop designed with kids in mind. Keep your balance between performances with hands-on Discovery Center fun. Pre-registration for shows and workshops is recommended. Thirty-minute workshops are geared for ages 3 and older; all are welcome; workshop space is limited. Workshop times are 12:40 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Call (815) 963-6769 to register.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $8 adults, $8 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 17, 2013