- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
July 26 deadline for free camp for grieving children and teens
The Rockford Park District and Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center have joined forces to offer a unique summer camp. Healing Strides Day Camp will provide grieving children ages 7-14 the therapeutic benefit of working with horses, horseback riding, professional grief support and fun camp activities. Campers will attend three days of camp, beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Thursday, Aug. 8, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Camp is free for Rockford Public Schools students.
Registration should be completed by contacting the Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center at (815) 398-0500, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is July 26.
The first 28 children to register for the camp will be accepted. Transportation to and from the camper’s home to Lockwood Park will be made available, if requested in advance.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue