- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
July 26 deadline for free camp for grieving children and teens
The Rockford Park District and Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center have joined forces to offer a unique summer camp. Healing Strides Day Camp will provide grieving children ages 7-14 the therapeutic benefit of working with horses, horseback riding, professional grief support and fun camp activities. Campers will attend three days of camp, beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Thursday, Aug. 8, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Camp is free for Rockford Public Schools students.
Registration should be completed by contacting the Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center at (815) 398-0500, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is July 26.
The first 28 children to register for the camp will be accepted. Transportation to and from the camper’s home to Lockwood Park will be made available, if requested in advance.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue