- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
July 26 deadline for free camp for grieving children and teens
The Rockford Park District and Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center have joined forces to offer a unique summer camp. Healing Strides Day Camp will provide grieving children ages 7-14 the therapeutic benefit of working with horses, horseback riding, professional grief support and fun camp activities. Campers will attend three days of camp, beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Thursday, Aug. 8, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Camp is free for Rockford Public Schools students.
Registration should be completed by contacting the Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center at (815) 398-0500, or e-mail email@example.com. Registration deadline is July 26.
The first 28 children to register for the camp will be accepted. Transportation to and from the camper’s home to Lockwood Park will be made available, if requested in advance.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue