- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
July 26 deadline for free camp for grieving children and teens
The Rockford Park District and Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center have joined forces to offer a unique summer camp. Healing Strides Day Camp will provide grieving children ages 7-14 the therapeutic benefit of working with horses, horseback riding, professional grief support and fun camp activities. Campers will attend three days of camp, beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Thursday, Aug. 8, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Camp is free for Rockford Public Schools students.
Registration should be completed by contacting the Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center at (815) 398-0500, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is July 26.
The first 28 children to register for the camp will be accepted. Transportation to and from the camper’s home to Lockwood Park will be made available, if requested in advance.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue