- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
July 26 deadline for free camp for grieving children and teens
The Rockford Park District and Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center have joined forces to offer a unique summer camp. Healing Strides Day Camp will provide grieving children ages 7-14 the therapeutic benefit of working with horses, horseback riding, professional grief support and fun camp activities. Campers will attend three days of camp, beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, through Thursday, Aug. 8, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford. Camp is free for Rockford Public Schools students.
Registration should be completed by contacting the Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center at (815) 398-0500, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is July 26.
The first 28 children to register for the camp will be accepted. Transportation to and from the camper’s home to Lockwood Park will be made available, if requested in advance.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue