- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Kid motivator and family entertainer Jerry Jacoby in Stillman Valley July 20
Online Staff Report
STILLMAN VALLEY, Ill. — Can an entertainer with a high-energy music and comedy show hold an entire audience in the palm of his hand and still be “squeaky clean”? Families in and around Stillman Valley, Ill., are about to find out when “Jerry Jacoby: Kid Motivator’s Real Character Is No Accident!” invades!
The free community family concert (for all ages and families) will be at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, July 20, as part of Valley Covenant Church’s free “Summer Festival,” which kicks off at 5 p.m. with hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn and more. The festival will be in the church parking lot, 103 S. Maple, Stillman Valley, and the community concert will be held on the lawn behind the Stillman Valley Monument.
Hundreds of organizations and schools have sponsored one of Jerry Jacoby’s family concerts as a way of bringing the bonding effects of humor and song to their communities.
“We have found there is positive difference in our school community that lasts following a program with Jerry Jacoby,” said Connie Borrie, teacher at Elba Elementary School, Lapeer, Mich.
Jacoby is experienced at reaching all ages — toddlers through grandparents — so everyone can relax and enjoy a great show.
Posted July 17, 2013