- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Kid motivator and family entertainer Jerry Jacoby in Stillman Valley July 20
Online Staff Report
STILLMAN VALLEY, Ill. — Can an entertainer with a high-energy music and comedy show hold an entire audience in the palm of his hand and still be “squeaky clean”? Families in and around Stillman Valley, Ill., are about to find out when “Jerry Jacoby: Kid Motivator’s Real Character Is No Accident!” invades!
The free community family concert (for all ages and families) will be at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, July 20, as part of Valley Covenant Church’s free “Summer Festival,” which kicks off at 5 p.m. with hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn and more. The festival will be in the church parking lot, 103 S. Maple, Stillman Valley, and the community concert will be held on the lawn behind the Stillman Valley Monument.
Hundreds of organizations and schools have sponsored one of Jerry Jacoby’s family concerts as a way of bringing the bonding effects of humor and song to their communities.
“We have found there is positive difference in our school community that lasts following a program with Jerry Jacoby,” said Connie Borrie, teacher at Elba Elementary School, Lapeer, Mich.
Jacoby is experienced at reaching all ages — toddlers through grandparents — so everyone can relax and enjoy a great show.
Posted July 17, 2013