- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Kid motivator and family entertainer Jerry Jacoby in Stillman Valley July 20
Online Staff Report
STILLMAN VALLEY, Ill. — Can an entertainer with a high-energy music and comedy show hold an entire audience in the palm of his hand and still be “squeaky clean”? Families in and around Stillman Valley, Ill., are about to find out when “Jerry Jacoby: Kid Motivator’s Real Character Is No Accident!” invades!
The free community family concert (for all ages and families) will be at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, July 20, as part of Valley Covenant Church’s free “Summer Festival,” which kicks off at 5 p.m. with hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn and more. The festival will be in the church parking lot, 103 S. Maple, Stillman Valley, and the community concert will be held on the lawn behind the Stillman Valley Monument.
Hundreds of organizations and schools have sponsored one of Jerry Jacoby’s family concerts as a way of bringing the bonding effects of humor and song to their communities.
“We have found there is positive difference in our school community that lasts following a program with Jerry Jacoby,” said Connie Borrie, teacher at Elba Elementary School, Lapeer, Mich.
Jacoby is experienced at reaching all ages — toddlers through grandparents — so everyone can relax and enjoy a great show.
Posted July 17, 2013