- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Kishwaukee Fest set for July 20-28 in DeKalb, Ill.
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Kishwaukee Fest, held July 20-28, in DeKalb County, Illinois, is a week-long celebration of free concerts, special events, parade, old cars, new wines, bacon and cowboys.
Concerts feature county bands, big band, jazz and soul music. Ballroom dancing and big-band music (fee), craft show and flea market are just some of the other events.
The Friday night parade’s theme is “Salute to Military Women” and will showcase Miss Illinois, classic cars, bands, floats, animals,and lots of candy. Some of Illinois’ top pageant queens will greet parade-goers. A youth skate board event for skill and challenge will be held. Animal lovers will enjoy the Adopt-A-Pet concert.
“Baconpalooza-Swine & Wine Fest” features great local food creations and wines from Illinois, plus vintage Corvettes. Local chefs will have many great Bacon entrees to experience (Bacon Lasagna, Bacon Beer, Bacon Ice Cream and more). Festival also includes the largest classic and muscle cars show in the Midwest. A Wild West Rodeo and shootout rounds out the festival schedule.
See www.KishwaukeeFest.com for complete details.
Posted July 17, 2013