- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Kishwaukee Fest set for July 20-28 in DeKalb, Ill.
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Kishwaukee Fest, held July 20-28, in DeKalb County, Illinois, is a week-long celebration of free concerts, special events, parade, old cars, new wines, bacon and cowboys.
Concerts feature county bands, big band, jazz and soul music. Ballroom dancing and big-band music (fee), craft show and flea market are just some of the other events.
The Friday night parade’s theme is “Salute to Military Women” and will showcase Miss Illinois, classic cars, bands, floats, animals,and lots of candy. Some of Illinois’ top pageant queens will greet parade-goers. A youth skate board event for skill and challenge will be held. Animal lovers will enjoy the Adopt-A-Pet concert.
“Baconpalooza-Swine & Wine Fest” features great local food creations and wines from Illinois, plus vintage Corvettes. Local chefs will have many great Bacon entrees to experience (Bacon Lasagna, Bacon Beer, Bacon Ice Cream and more). Festival also includes the largest classic and muscle cars show in the Midwest. A Wild West Rodeo and shootout rounds out the festival schedule.
See www.KishwaukeeFest.com for complete details.
Posted July 17, 2013