- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Kishwaukee Fest set for July 20-28 in DeKalb, Ill.
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — Kishwaukee Fest, held July 20-28, in DeKalb County, Illinois, is a week-long celebration of free concerts, special events, parade, old cars, new wines, bacon and cowboys.
Concerts feature county bands, big band, jazz and soul music. Ballroom dancing and big-band music (fee), craft show and flea market are just some of the other events.
The Friday night parade’s theme is “Salute to Military Women” and will showcase Miss Illinois, classic cars, bands, floats, animals,and lots of candy. Some of Illinois’ top pageant queens will greet parade-goers. A youth skate board event for skill and challenge will be held. Animal lovers will enjoy the Adopt-A-Pet concert.
“Baconpalooza-Swine & Wine Fest” features great local food creations and wines from Illinois, plus vintage Corvettes. Local chefs will have many great Bacon entrees to experience (Bacon Lasagna, Bacon Beer, Bacon Ice Cream and more). Festival also includes the largest classic and muscle cars show in the Midwest. A Wild West Rodeo and shootout rounds out the festival schedule.
See www.KishwaukeeFest.com for complete details.
Posted July 17, 2013