- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Lifescape names new COO & nutrition director
Lifescape Community Services, Inc., has filled two top administrative positions. Mike Hughes has been named as Lifescape’s new chief operating officer (COO), and Scott Blank has been tabbed to be Lifescape’s Food and Nutrition Services director.
“We are pleased that Mike and Scott will be adding their expertise to serving the seniors of northern Illinois,” said Lifescape Executive Director/CEO Carol Green. “Their addition will complete our already very capable staff.”
Hughes returns to Rockford from Norwich, Conn., where he served as communication and community outreach manager for Norwich Public Utilities. Prior to his move to Connecticut, he served in the Illinois Attorney General’s Office in both Rockford and Springfield. Hughes is a Rockford native, having graduated from Rockford East High School. He attended Wright State University near Dayton, Ohio, and received his master’s of public administration from the University of Illinois-Springfield.
Blank, MS, RD, LDN, is a food service and nutrition professional coming to Rockford from northern Wisconsin. Blank served as manager of Food and Nutrition Services for Ministry Healthcare Hospitals in Tomahawk, Rhinelander, Woodruff and Eagle River, Wis. He was also a clinical dietitian for hospitals in Mattoon and Peoria, Ill., and served as an adjunct nutrition educator for Eastern Illinois University. He received his master’s of science degree eith a focus on nutrition from Eastern Illinois University.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue