- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Lifescape names new COO & nutrition director
Lifescape Community Services, Inc., has filled two top administrative positions. Mike Hughes has been named as Lifescape’s new chief operating officer (COO), and Scott Blank has been tabbed to be Lifescape’s Food and Nutrition Services director.
“We are pleased that Mike and Scott will be adding their expertise to serving the seniors of northern Illinois,” said Lifescape Executive Director/CEO Carol Green. “Their addition will complete our already very capable staff.”
Hughes returns to Rockford from Norwich, Conn., where he served as communication and community outreach manager for Norwich Public Utilities. Prior to his move to Connecticut, he served in the Illinois Attorney General’s Office in both Rockford and Springfield. Hughes is a Rockford native, having graduated from Rockford East High School. He attended Wright State University near Dayton, Ohio, and received his master’s of public administration from the University of Illinois-Springfield.
Blank, MS, RD, LDN, is a food service and nutrition professional coming to Rockford from northern Wisconsin. Blank served as manager of Food and Nutrition Services for Ministry Healthcare Hospitals in Tomahawk, Rhinelander, Woodruff and Eagle River, Wis. He was also a clinical dietitian for hospitals in Mattoon and Peoria, Ill., and served as an adjunct nutrition educator for Eastern Illinois University. He received his master’s of science degree eith a focus on nutrition from Eastern Illinois University.
From the July 17-23, 2013, issue