- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Local knitting clubs to exhibit at Klehm beginning July 20
Online Staff Report
Yarn bombing — it’s graffiti, but you’ll love it. This summer, the entrance of Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden and the Nancy Olson Children’s Garden will be covered in color and patterns created by local knitting clubs and enthusiasts. As a living museum, Klehm offers an outdoor exhibit that will bring a new form of art and visual delight to the Rockford area.
The exhibit debuts July 20 with a “Knit in Public” presentation by the many groups and knitters who contribute to its success. The July 20 event will run noon to 2 p.m., and cost is included with admission to the museum.
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146 or online at klehm.org.
Posted July 17, 2013