- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Local knitting clubs to exhibit at Klehm beginning July 20
Online Staff Report
Yarn bombing — it’s graffiti, but you’ll love it. This summer, the entrance of Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden and the Nancy Olson Children’s Garden will be covered in color and patterns created by local knitting clubs and enthusiasts. As a living museum, Klehm offers an outdoor exhibit that will bring a new form of art and visual delight to the Rockford area.
The exhibit debuts July 20 with a “Knit in Public” presentation by the many groups and knitters who contribute to its success. The July 20 event will run noon to 2 p.m., and cost is included with admission to the museum.
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146 or online at klehm.org.
Posted July 17, 2013