- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Youth arts camp offers public performance, art show July 19
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s RAAC Camp, an arts camp for young creatives ages 5-13 who love to sing, dance, draw, rap and make movies, began July 8 at Ellis Arts Academy, 220 S. Central Ave., and runs through July 19.
The campers will present a public performance and art exhibit beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, July 19. The audience will be amazed at how much the children learned in two weeks. The performance and exhibit are free and open to the public.
RAAC Camp artists/instructors include Victoria Wilford (hip hop dance), Brad Koloch (music and rap), David Causey (dramatic arts), Esteban Perez (visual art), Mathew Taden (cartooning/mixed media art), Ali Rotello (modern dance) and David Hawthorne (video).
Call (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
Posted July 17, 2013