- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Youth arts camp offers public performance, art show July 19
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s RAAC Camp, an arts camp for young creatives ages 5-13 who love to sing, dance, draw, rap and make movies, began July 8 at Ellis Arts Academy, 220 S. Central Ave., and runs through July 19.
The campers will present a public performance and art exhibit beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, July 19. The audience will be amazed at how much the children learned in two weeks. The performance and exhibit are free and open to the public.
RAAC Camp artists/instructors include Victoria Wilford (hip hop dance), Brad Koloch (music and rap), David Causey (dramatic arts), Esteban Perez (visual art), Mathew Taden (cartooning/mixed media art), Ali Rotello (modern dance) and David Hawthorne (video).
Call (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
Posted July 17, 2013