- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Youth arts camp offers public performance, art show July 19
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s RAAC Camp, an arts camp for young creatives ages 5-13 who love to sing, dance, draw, rap and make movies, began July 8 at Ellis Arts Academy, 220 S. Central Ave., and runs through July 19.
The campers will present a public performance and art exhibit beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, July 19. The audience will be amazed at how much the children learned in two weeks. The performance and exhibit are free and open to the public.
RAAC Camp artists/instructors include Victoria Wilford (hip hop dance), Brad Koloch (music and rap), David Causey (dramatic arts), Esteban Perez (visual art), Mathew Taden (cartooning/mixed media art), Ali Rotello (modern dance) and David Hawthorne (video).
Call (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
Posted July 17, 2013