- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Youth arts camp offers public performance, art show July 19
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s RAAC Camp, an arts camp for young creatives ages 5-13 who love to sing, dance, draw, rap and make movies, began July 8 at Ellis Arts Academy, 220 S. Central Ave., and runs through July 19.
The campers will present a public performance and art exhibit beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, July 19. The audience will be amazed at how much the children learned in two weeks. The performance and exhibit are free and open to the public.
RAAC Camp artists/instructors include Victoria Wilford (hip hop dance), Brad Koloch (music and rap), David Causey (dramatic arts), Esteban Perez (visual art), Mathew Taden (cartooning/mixed media art), Ali Rotello (modern dance) and David Hawthorne (video).
Call (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
Posted July 17, 2013