- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Youth arts camp offers public performance, art show July 19
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s RAAC Camp, an arts camp for young creatives ages 5-13 who love to sing, dance, draw, rap and make movies, began July 8 at Ellis Arts Academy, 220 S. Central Ave., and runs through July 19.
The campers will present a public performance and art exhibit beginning at 3 p.m., Friday, July 19. The audience will be amazed at how much the children learned in two weeks. The performance and exhibit are free and open to the public.
RAAC Camp artists/instructors include Victoria Wilford (hip hop dance), Brad Koloch (music and rap), David Causey (dramatic arts), Esteban Perez (visual art), Mathew Taden (cartooning/mixed media art), Ali Rotello (modern dance) and David Hawthorne (video).
Call (815) 963-6765 or visit www.artsforeveryone.com for more details.
Posted July 17, 2013