- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Adults-Only Night at Discovery Center Museum July 26
Online Staff Report
Grownups (ages 21 and older), release your inner child and experience Discovery Center’s fun exhibits — without the kids from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, July 26. Explore the world of pirates and alcohol during “Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum.”
Explore the science, mystery and lure of Discovery Center’s summer exhibition, “Treasure,” without the kids during this evening adventure. Discover the history, mystery and science of rum, and engage your brain with the skills needed by buccaneers who plied the seas for plunder. Take in a demonstration by local experts on how to make delicious rum drinks. Sample free pirate snacks and enjoy a cash bar courtesy of Kryptonite. Pirate garb and guttural speech encouraged! Peg legs and parrots optional. Arghh! Check out this video from a previous Adults-Only night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naw39epUF7I.
Make reservations online at discoverycentermuseum.org or by calling (815) 963-6769. Admission is $3 for members and $8 for the general public. Save $2 by making advance reservations by noon, July 26.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $8 adults, $8 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 24, 2013