- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing July 27
Online Staff Report
WINNEBAGO, Ill. — The annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds, while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12 year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Door prizes and a silent auction will also be included at the dinner.
Registration forms are available through the event website, www.dylansplayground.com.
Posted July 24, 2013