- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing July 27
Online Staff Report
WINNEBAGO, Ill. — The annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds, while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12 year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Door prizes and a silent auction will also be included at the dinner.
Registration forms are available through the event website, www.dylansplayground.com.
Posted July 24, 2013