- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing July 27
Online Staff Report
WINNEBAGO, Ill. — The annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds, while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12 year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Door prizes and a silent auction will also be included at the dinner.
Registration forms are available through the event website, www.dylansplayground.com.
Posted July 24, 2013