- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing July 27
Online Staff Report
WINNEBAGO, Ill. — The annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds, while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12 year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Door prizes and a silent auction will also be included at the dinner.
Registration forms are available through the event website, www.dylansplayground.com.
Posted July 24, 2013