- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Evolve Dance Company hosts Dance Day Celebration July 27
Online Staff Report
Evolve Dance Company, 2615 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, is taking part in and sponsoring a National Dance Day Celebration from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, July 27. The public is invited to share in this exciting event where dance classes for all ages and styles, including special needs, will be taught, boutique items will be for sale, a used costume sale will be available, concessions will be offered, and a Flash Mob Dance will be held toward the end of the day.
In addition to celebrating the love of dance, the Evolve Competition Dancers will be raising funds to support their travel during the 2013-2014 dance season. These competition dancers represent Rockford around the region as well as nationally. This summer, they are performing at Disney World.
Evolve Dance Company’s competition dancers also support the Rockford community through performances at various events such as local schools’ fun fairs, Thrill the World (breast cancer fund-raiser), Midsummer Festival (Swedish Historical Society) and the Night of Many Dances (Lydia Home Association).
Evolve Dance Company offers dance classes for all ages and all levels, including a special needs class and classes for teens and adults with no dance experience.
To find out more about the National Dance Day Celebration, visit evolvedance.com. Registration is open throughout the day of the event. Contact Evolve at (815) 877-0077.
Posted July 24, 2013