- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
‘Hairspray’ opens July 26 at Byron Civic Theatre
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) is producing Hairspray for its first show of its 19th season, running July 26-28 and Aug. 2-4.
Hairspray is set in 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire — to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ’do.
Show times are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. BCT Box Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, visit the BCT website at www.bctmagic.com or call (815) 312-3000.
Posted July 24, 2013