- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
‘Hairspray’ opens July 26 at Byron Civic Theatre
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) is producing Hairspray for its first show of its 19th season, running July 26-28 and Aug. 2-4.
Hairspray is set in 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire — to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ’do.
Show times are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. BCT Box Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, visit the BCT website at www.bctmagic.com or call (815) 312-3000.
Posted July 24, 2013