- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘Hairspray’ opens July 26 at Byron Civic Theatre
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) is producing Hairspray for its first show of its 19th season, running July 26-28 and Aug. 2-4.
Hairspray is set in 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire — to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ’do.
Show times are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. BCT Box Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, visit the BCT website at www.bctmagic.com or call (815) 312-3000.
Posted July 24, 2013