- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
‘Hairspray’ opens July 26 at Byron Civic Theatre
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) is producing Hairspray for its first show of its 19th season, running July 26-28 and Aug. 2-4.
Hairspray is set in 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire — to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ’do.
Show times are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. BCT Box Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, visit the BCT website at www.bctmagic.com or call (815) 312-3000.
Posted July 24, 2013