- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
‘Hairspray’ opens July 26 at Byron Civic Theatre
Online Staff Report
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Civic Theatre (BCT) is producing Hairspray for its first show of its 19th season, running July 26-28 and Aug. 2-4.
Hairspray is set in 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire — to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ’do.
Show times are Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. BCT Box Office is open Mondays through Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, visit the BCT website at www.bctmagic.com or call (815) 312-3000.
Posted July 24, 2013