- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Jarrett not right choice for school board
I just finished reading your July 10-16 issue. It’s too bad Rockford School Board members don’t do more research before hiring a new superintendent!
Dr. Ehren Jarrett does not sound right for this city or any city in the U.S.A. It’s very sad what happened at Hononegah. Doesn’t he know we are all related on this earth through Adam and Eve when God created this earth?
The Rock River Times, please keep up your good works.
Sincerely in Christ,
Mrs. Bertha Reis
From the July 24-30, 2013, issue