- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Kevin Robinson joins the Army
Kevin Robinson has joined the United States Army under the Future Soldier program.
Robinson will report to Fort Jackson, S.C., for basic training Sept. 24. After successful completion of basic training, he will train as a wheeled vehicle mechanic. He is the son of Mike and Cindee Robinson of Poplar Grove, Ill.
The program gives young men and women the opportunity to delay reporting for basic training for up to 365 days. An enlistment in the Army gives new soldiers the chance to learn a new skill, serve their country, and become eligible to receive up to $53,028 toward a college education, $65,000 for repayment of college loans or a maximum $40,000 cash bonus.
Posted July 24, 2013