- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Mike Mangione & The Union at Kryptonite July 31
Online Staff Report
Mike Mangione & The Union, a Chicago/Milwaukee touring group that combines a folk-rock sound with an orchestrated string section, soulful vocals and literate sensibility, will be at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., Wednesday, July 31. The band takes the stage at 9 p.m. Also playing that night is Dave Tamkin.
Mike Mangione & The Union’s debut album, Tenebrae, received favorable press from all corners of the country, including the honor of being an All Music Guide Album Pick, while Blurt refers to their “tearstained folk, Memphis-styled gospel and bluesy-flavored pop” as “luminous.”
In 2011, the group released Offering on their own imprint, RODZINKA Records, with sync and digital licensing by DUALTONE Records. The album and band were nominated for “Best of the Year” by Milwaukee music institution RadioMilwaukee (88.9 FM), along with receiving other kind and warm accolades from a variety of outlets.
More recently, in November 2012, RadioMilwaukee nominated the band for “Best of” awards for the second year in a row. Sept. 3, 2013, they will release their latest work, Red-Winged Blackbird Man, produced by the venerable Bo Ramsey, Grammy-nominated producer and guitarist (Lucinda Williams, Greg Brown, Pieta Brown, Joan Baez and Iris Dement).
For more details, contact Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931 or visit kryptonitebar.com.
Posted July 24, 2013