- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Taste of Lena set for July 27
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — The Lena Business and Professional Association will host its annual Taste of Lena event Saturday, July 27. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Many area restaurants and food vendors will be participating in the Taste of Lena by setting up locations in the Food Village near AJ’s Lena Maid Meats.
Food vendors and nonprofit organizations participating include The Rafters, Saporito’s, Café 217, AJ’s Lena Maid Meats, Stella’s, Route 20 Bar & Grill, An Ar Ali 3, Huron Farm Market, Iron Horse Tap, Hungry Dog Hot Dog Cart, Wally’s Popcorn, Manny’s Pizza, Logan’s, Beltline Café, Lena Lion’s Club, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, American Legion and The Lena Boy Scouts.
Also near the Food Village, The Tailgate for Hunger Foundation will take on the huge culinary challenge of cooking an entire 800-pound beef in a specialty-designed grill built by Robert Bromberek. Tailgate with the Chicago Bears Fan Club Bus, “Da-Bus,” and check out this huge rotisserie.
As in years past, many Lena retailers and businesses will showcase Lena Area Producers and Food Suppliers by offering samples in their stores. A map of these participating locations can be picked up at Natural Healing Express, DeVoe Floral, Engels Jewelry and The Lena Mercantile.
Another addition to this year’s Taste of Lena is the Taste of Lena Car Show. There will be 12 classes of events and three Best of Show awards. Classes include: Pre-1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s+, Stock Truck, Mod Truck, Special Interest, Hot Rods, Stock Cycle, Tractors and Mod Cycle. Many trophies will be awarded. For more about the car show, contact Rhonda or Troy Pokoj at (815) 369 9747 of Checkered Flag Auto Body.
Entertainment will be going on all day with several acts. The headliner will be Free Fall.
Posted July 24, 2013