- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Association of University Women gives scholarships
The Rockford Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has announced Michelle Dobbs from Rochelle Township High School and Sarah Timm from North Boone High School as 2013 scholarship winners.
AAUW gives two scholarships annually to high school girls who are studying in the “STEM” fields — science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Dobbs has demonstrated exceptional achievement in mathematics and science, excels as a writer and athlete, and will attend the University of Chicago.
Timm is a top chemistry and physics student, a leader, competitor, team player and volunteer who looks forward to doing original research in marine biology and environmental science. She will attend Monmouth College.
Posted July 31, 2013