- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Association of University Women gives scholarships
The Rockford Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has announced Michelle Dobbs from Rochelle Township High School and Sarah Timm from North Boone High School as 2013 scholarship winners.
AAUW gives two scholarships annually to high school girls who are studying in the “STEM” fields — science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Dobbs has demonstrated exceptional achievement in mathematics and science, excels as a writer and athlete, and will attend the University of Chicago.
Timm is a top chemistry and physics student, a leader, competitor, team player and volunteer who looks forward to doing original research in marine biology and environmental science. She will attend Monmouth College.
Posted July 31, 2013