- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Association of University Women gives scholarships
The Rockford Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has announced Michelle Dobbs from Rochelle Township High School and Sarah Timm from North Boone High School as 2013 scholarship winners.
AAUW gives two scholarships annually to high school girls who are studying in the “STEM” fields — science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Dobbs has demonstrated exceptional achievement in mathematics and science, excels as a writer and athlete, and will attend the University of Chicago.
Timm is a top chemistry and physics student, a leader, competitor, team player and volunteer who looks forward to doing original research in marine biology and environmental science. She will attend Monmouth College.
Posted July 31, 2013