- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Association of University Women gives scholarships
The Rockford Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has announced Michelle Dobbs from Rochelle Township High School and Sarah Timm from North Boone High School as 2013 scholarship winners.
AAUW gives two scholarships annually to high school girls who are studying in the “STEM” fields — science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Dobbs has demonstrated exceptional achievement in mathematics and science, excels as a writer and athlete, and will attend the University of Chicago.
Timm is a top chemistry and physics student, a leader, competitor, team player and volunteer who looks forward to doing original research in marine biology and environmental science. She will attend Monmouth College.
Posted July 31, 2013