- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Association of University Women gives scholarships
The Rockford Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has announced Michelle Dobbs from Rochelle Township High School and Sarah Timm from North Boone High School as 2013 scholarship winners.
AAUW gives two scholarships annually to high school girls who are studying in the “STEM” fields — science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Dobbs has demonstrated exceptional achievement in mathematics and science, excels as a writer and athlete, and will attend the University of Chicago.
Timm is a top chemistry and physics student, a leader, competitor, team player and volunteer who looks forward to doing original research in marine biology and environmental science. She will attend Monmouth College.
Posted July 31, 2013